If you get the design and planning of your
Here at Active Supply & Design, we help people like you to properly plan the design of a
Here are just a few of the things that you should have on your
· Appearance stands for a lot. Walls and doors should be bright, inviting colours which create a retail environment and emanate a feeling of safety and security.
· It is imperative that you ensure that it is easy to monitor who is entering and leaving the building at all times and that entrances are kept to a bare minimum (it’s best to just have one!)
· The reception should be easily accessible both from the outside and inside of the building and your loading area and reception should be clearly marked, to ensure that new customers feel at ease in approaching the building.
Access to upper levels should be made simple and easy. This doesn’t always mean that a lift is required. Depending on building size and
Corridors should be designed wide enough to allow easy access for trolleys so that damage to corridor
· Larger rooms should have wider doors for the movement of pallets and bulkier items.
· Larger facilities may consider the use of glazed, sliding access control doors to allow access to customers via key fob or keypad entry.
· Upper floor rooms should be protected above with the use of rolled mesh or welded mesh panels.
It is vital that all components meet
Escape from the building in the event of an emergency should be made available at all times. The local fire officer can visit
· CCTV should be placed at all access and egress points to monitor activity and to act as a means of prevention.
· The provision of toilets is important for all stores as some of your tenants may spend several hours in your facility.
Active Supply & Design are specialists in the planning, design, construction, management and maintenance of